Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm Back! ! ! !

I know I haven't posted in forever, but forgive me my fellow bloggers, and I hope you'll read about my Miami adventure.

I'm In Miami. . .
I live in the sunshine state, Florida for those of you who don't know. I've lived there my whole life but had managed to never make it down to Miami. Its only a little more then 2 and a half hours from my house, but for some reason I'd never gone though I've always wanted to. I finally went on Friday. I went with my to visit Florida International University which is in Miami (I'm going to be a senior this fall, so I've been looking into colleges). FIU has an amazing journalism school, which is perfect since that's my career path. The campus was beautiful and so new looking. The colors of the buildings on the campus all fit in with Miami's beach deco look, and there were tons of art pieces around the lawns of the university from the Smithsonian. I didn't get the total Miami experience (parties, laying on the beach and shopping), but after visiting the University me and my mom went to South Beach (SoBe in Miami), and got dinner and went to the beach for literaly like one minute :( Oh well, I'll have to go again some time and just tour Miami. If you don't know this, Miami and in a lot of Florida there are many people who speak Spanish. Its not unusual to here the person next to you in line at Walmart babbling away in Spanish. I've taken 4 years of Spanish at school, but I am in no way fluent. When you go to Miami, Spanish almost seems like the dominant language, and in many areas it probably is. Me and my mom's waitress was this really cute guy who could barely speak English. It was adorable watching him try to understand what we were saying. He was trying so hard to get me wha
t I wanted, it was so cute. He ended up bringing me little cups of all of the salad dressing they had since he couldn't understand what I wanted. The trip was pretty fun, and I loved the college, I just hope I get to go again.

2 comments: