Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Pixie Cut



I came across this photo of the cover of the December issue of the UK Vogue. I was delightedly surprised to see the Harry Potter star, Emma Watson, boasting a new chic look, the pixie cut. I am a huge fan of short and daring hairstyles. I myself have a short bob. At the moment it is a little past my chin, but usually it is shorter. I am in love, to say the least, with Watson's pixie cut. It is chic, daring, pretty, and feminine, which is ironic it being commonly referred as a man's cut. I love that women are becoming more bold with their looks. What is feminine and beautiful is changing. Just as pants used to be soely menswear and have evolved into women's, so are other types of clothing, styles, and now hair. Obviously the pixie cut and boasting uber short hair is nothing new, but more women are braving the sizsors and going for the short, edgy, yet pretty, pixie cut.









(from left) Audrey Hepburn, Carey Mulligan, & Emma Watson

(from left) Natalie Portman, Hayden Panettiere, & Victoria Beckham

2 comments:

  1. short is definitely stylish. wish i could pull off this look!

    www.rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post a lot. I'm not a giant fan of Miss Watson but this is lovely x

    ReplyDelete